Fees & Charges
South Perth Primary School
Sections 99, 100 and 108 of the School Education Act 1999 requires schools to notify parents of all costs associated with their children’s education, prior to the beginning of the new school year. The contributions and charges have been approved by the South Perth School Board in 2015.
Fees and charges fall into 3 categories:
- Voluntary contributions – a School Component for educational resources and a P&C Component
- Optional Items – for activities that reinforce the core educational program, including excursions and incursions.
- Personal Use Items – stationery and equipment used by your child in the classroom
1. Voluntary Contribution (Section 99)
The School and P&C contributions are both voluntary. The combined maximum payment applies to all students from Kindergarten to Year Six.
The 2018 School Component remains at $60 per student. The contribution assists with paying for the following:
- Photocopied materials; all learning areas
- Library Resource Centre Collection purchases
- Resources for curriculum subjects: physical education, maths, science, humanities and social sciences, art/craft, information technology and music
The P&C is a major contributor to the school’s physical, social and educational environment. This significant support is made possible by voluntary contributions, fundraising events and the volunteering of time and expertise.
South Perth Primary School’s P&C funds and organises a number of events and activities throughout the year. It also supports the school, initiates and provides resources towards projects that benefit all students within the school.
In 2018 the P&C Component for all Kindergarten to Year Six students is $125 for families with one child and $150 per family with two or more children attending the school.
2. Optional Items (Section 100)
Costs for Optional Items are estimated in Term 4 for the following year. This enables parents to make a convenient one off payment at the start of Term 1. Any balance remaining at the end of the year can be refunded, carried over to the next school year or donated to the school or the P&C.
The Schedule identifies the estimated costs for Optional Items for each year group for 2016. Blank sections indicate an activity does not apply to that year group.
Note: These predicted costs are for optional activities. The decision to participate in these activities is at the discretion of parents. Permission slips are uploaded to Connect and must be signed and returned to the class teacher for a student to attend an activity.
Payment Dates and Methods
Parents are encouraged to pay their combined School/P&C voluntary contributions at the beginning of the school year. If this arrangement is not possible then payment may be made in instalments. Parents may discuss alternative payment options with the Principal at any time.
Payment of voluntary contributions and whole-of-school Optional Items can be made by a single up-front payment during weeks 1-3 of Term 1. Payment can be paid by electronic funds transfer (EFT) or to the school office in cash/cheque.
- Bank Details: Name: South Perth Primary School BSB: 066 040 Account: 19900858
- Please identify your payment by student surname, room number and an indication of what is being paid for e.g. Parker Rm2 Vol Conts or Anderson Rm16 Upfront
Senior School Optional Items are paid prior to the activity by EFT, cash or cheque.
3. Personal Use Items (Section 108)
The costs for these items will vary from student to student and from year to year. Items are purchased directly from a stationery supplier. Updated lists are uploaded to Connect during Term 4. New families will be provided with an up to date list once their enrolment is complete.